The Town of Chester Selectboard/Water Commissioners have implemented a restriction on all non-essential water use for residents using the Town water system. This does not apply to those with private wells, although we encourage water conservation for all residents due to the lack of sufficient rain.
Examples of “non-essential” water use include:
• Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems;
• Washing of vehicles
• Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalks, except as necessary to apply surface treatments such as paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement.
• Irrigation of lawns, gardens, flowers and ornamental plants by means of a hand-held hose, soaker hose or drip irrigation system.
Examples of water uses NOT subject to restrictions:
• For health and safety reasons
• For the production of food and fiber
• For the maintenance of livestock
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. We will notify you when the restriction is lifted.