January 19, 2022
Seeking Certified Librarian (or working towards certification), 19 hours/week, flexible hours. Hamilton Memorial Library in Chester. Send questions or resume to [email protected]. See more detailed job description here.
November 15, 2021
Water Commissioner (1)
Town of Chester is looking for one Water Commissioner. Their specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Oversee the management,operation, improvement, and control of all aspects of the Town of Chester water system, to include the following:
- Monitoring all emails and phone calls to the Water Dept.
- Work with CMELD on billing and receivables. Be aware of all overdue accounts.
- Coordinate with Highway on shutoffs and turn-ons of water meters.
- Award contracts for work to be performed in the maintenance and construction of Town water systems within the budget proposed and passed at annual town meeting. This includes the hiring of an appropriately licensed Water Operator as defined by Massachusetts DRP standards.
- Establish rules and regulations for the use of the Town of Chester water systems.
- Fix just and equitable rates for the use of the Town of Chester water systems, with all changes to rates subject to the approval of the Board of Selectman.
- Keep necessary records and distribute necessary notices to customers as required by the Department of Environmental Protection and MA record-keeping law.
- Oversee the collection of daily flow rates and acceptable water quality information.
- Provide regularly scheduled on-site inspections and evaluations as deemed necessary to accomplish.
- Oversee the preparation and submittal of all necessary reports to the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection.
- Provide updates to the Board of Selectman during the second regularly scheduled meeting of each month.
- Research, and apply for any grants available to the Water System. Be responsible for the execution and reports of all awarded grants.
- Desire to continue improving existing water system in order to deliver high quality water to the citizens of Chester.
Commissioner Expected Qualifications:
- Members are expected, to the extent possible, to be specially qualified by education and training in matters pertaining to waterworks and water supply.
- Capable of performing on-site inspections as necessary.
- Knowledgeable in aspects of Microsoft Office necessary to prepare and distribute necessary reports and notices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to handle communications between water operator, DEP representatives, and Town users as necessary.
Please send letters of interest to Katherine Warden at [email protected].
November 9, 2021
The Town of Chester seeks qualified applicants for the position of Driver – Laborer in the Highway Department. This position operates trucks and other equipment used in public works projects; hauls gravel, dirt, sand, and other materials; loads and unloads materials; operates jackhammer, small roller, paving equipment and roadside mower; operates vehicles providing roadway snow removal and sanding; plows, sands and salts streets and sidewalks; repairs water mains and drainage systems; performs manual labor incidental to the work of operating assigned equipment; works with mechanics to service and maintain trucks and equipment.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent; three years of experience in public works construction and maintenance; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Valid Massachusetts Class B Commercial Driver’s License, 2B required, Class A with a 1A and 4G endorsement preferred. CORI and drug test required. Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to Katherine Warden, Town Administrator, Chester Town Hall, 15 Middlefield Rd Chester, MA 01011 or [email protected] Position will remain open until filled. Chester is an Equal Opportunity Employer