CWIC Advisory Board have completed their initial training phase & with leadership of our water consultant, Dr. Rich Gullick. We have developed the transformative strategic plan to secure & sustain Chester’s water future.
A parallel Study conducted by UMASS/Amherst was simultaneously performed.
CWIC continues its evidence based research/review of Best Practices under direction of Dr. Gulick and will advise/recommend to the Board of Selectman/Water Commissioners, as appropriate.
The ongoing priority is improved water quality.
The Committee has identified the following areas to be addressed:
- Annual hydrant flushing, utilizing recruited/trained volunteers
- Annual Reservoir cleaning
- Analytic data capture for real-time assessment of the application of disinfectant (i.e. chloride)
- Explore UMASS/DEP Intern training partnership
- Inventory of Department assets and projection of working life/replacement
- Effectiveness of management structure
Bob Daley, Chair
Meetings are held monthly and will be posted on the website.