The newly formed CWIC has tasked itself, through a partnership with RCAP, to a comprehensive review of the Town Municipal Water operation, that serves 750 customers. RCAP=Rural Communities Assistance Partnership. is the northeast regional affiliate of a National network of non profit organizations, providing on site technical assistance & training, to help small rural communities with their water concerns.
The Committee has identified the following areas to be addressed:
- Annual hydrant flushing, utilizing recruited/trained volunteers
- Annual Reservoir cleaning
- Analytic data capture for real-time assessment of the application of disinfectant (i.e. chloride)
- Explore UMASS/DEP Intern training partnership
- Inventory of Department assets and projection of working life/replacement
- Effectiveness of management structure
Meetings are held monthly and will be posted on the website.