CHIEF OF POLICE (Full-Time)
Chester-Blandford Police Department
The Chester Blandford Police Department is seeking to hire its next Chief of Police. The ideal candidate will be focused on community safety, as well as building relationships and supporting the quality of life of residents, business owners, Town employees, community members and visitors to the Towns of Chester and Blandford.
The next Chief must be a reformed-minded leader with an emphasis on implicit bias training, procedural justice, restorative justice and police legitimacy. Candidates must be thoroughly committed not only to the policing profession and to the department, but also to the entire community by ensuring that the highest level of transparency and accountability exists within the entire organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement Public Administration or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Graduates of major policing executive development programs including the FBI National Academy, the Police Executive Research Forum Senior Management Institute for Police or Police Executive Leadership Institute are encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in law enforcement with at least 3 years of progressively responsible command level experience at the level of Lieutenant, Captain, Deputy Chief, or Chief. Any equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Must have a valid Massachusetts Firearms License or the ability to obtain one upon hire.
- Applicants must be a graduate of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC) Basic Recruit Officer Academy (or eligible for a Permanent Exemption by the MPTC) and must satisfy all requirements set forth by the Massachusetts Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission for certification as a Police Officer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.